on-demand learning opportunities
Classroom Activities and Lesson Ideas
Pre-recorded videos and lessons are now available “on-demand” for local HOSA advisors/health science instructors and HOSA members for classroom instruction and competition support! These are a free resource being made available by HOSA-Future Health Professionals to help HOSA advisors cope in the virtual world of teaching with HOSA activities. New lessons will be added continually. Most recent update made March 2021.
For HOSA Competitors
Why HOSA: Hear from Alumni: How Participating in HOSA and Competitive Events Helps Students
- Video Message from Casey Abernethy English; HOSA Alumna; Senior Clinical Specialist for Medtronics
- Video Interview with Rebekah Rollston, MD, MPH; HOSA Alumna; Founder, Doctors for a Healthy US
Which HOSA Competitive Event is Right For You?
- Video Summary to help competitors explore the events
- PowerPoint file Local Advisors can use / edit for this conversation in the classroom
HOSA CE Guidelines – What’s Important?
For HOSA Advisors
So, Your World Has Changed? So Has HOSA’s. Here’s What is New. How HOSA Can Help You!
TRY OUT THIS GREAT RESOURCE FROM JOHNS HOPKINS: FREE COURSES
Mini Lessons: Student Engagement Strategies
Classroom strategies like bell ringers, brain breaks, station work, study games, websites, and more resources to implement in the health science classroom!
- Favorite Student Engagement Strategies – Part I – Video for Advisors
- – Part I PowerPoint
- Favorite Student Engagement Strategies – Part II – Video for Advisors
- – Part II PowerPoint
This content has the support of HOSA-Future Health Professionals and is the vision of Jan Mould and Carie Staub who both serve as Assistant Directors of HOSA’s Competitive Events Program and, together, they have nearly 50 years of health science classroom, education, and HOSA advisor experience.
(Content last updated April 2021).