Member Benefits and Opportunities
HOSA Scholarship further delineates details about the sponsored HOSA scholarships. These are the scholarships awarded during the International Leadership Conference (ILC). HOSA will notify members when the application becomes available for the membership year.
HOSA’s mission is to empower members to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience. Membership is available for middle school, high school, postsecondary, and collegiate students with an interest in health and medical careers.
As a student member of HOSA, you will learn about the health professions, enhance your teamwork skills, and develop your leadership skills. HOSA is truly student-led, that means you will elect student officers for your chapter, conduct meetings, and make decisions with your officer team. Your decision to pursue a career in the health professions is an admirable one. Know that health workers are essential to every state and every country. Jobs in this field are in high demand and provide competitive salaries to those qualified with leadership and other soft skills.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics healthcare occupations is projected to grow 14 percent from 2018 to 2028 and is one of the fastest growing occupational areas. In addition, during the COVID pandemic, many health field are experiencing a high growth rate. Doctors and nurses were brought out of retirement and students were allowed to graduate early to meet the growing needs.
The global community needs trained and experienced healthcare workers who have the ability to lead and work in a team environment. HOSA is helping fill the pipeline, with future health professionals! More than 2.7 million HOSA members have taken Health Science courses and participated in HOSA-Future Health Professionals.
- Promote physical, mental, and social well-being
- Development effective leadership qualities and skills
- Develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- Develop character.
- Develop responsible citizenship traits.
- Understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- Build self-confidence and pride in one’s work.
- Make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- Develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- Encourage individual and group achievement.
- Develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- Encourage involvement in local, state and national, and international health care and education projects.
- Support Health Science or Biomedical Science Education instructional objectives.
- Promote career opportunities in Health Care.