Body Interact Virtual Patient Challenge
Get Ready to Engage
Introducing the Body Interact Virtual Patient Challenge!
- Teams of 3-5 HOSA members
- TEAMS MAY BE MIXED FROM DIFFERENT CHAPTERS. A GREAT EXAMPLE WOULD BE A STATE OFFICER TEAM!
- Members must be in the Secondary, Postsecondary, or Collegiate Division
- Register by May 15th through the ILC registration process with your local chapter advisor (select Virtual Patient Challenge as a registration option!)
- Registration will be capped at 80 total teams – so register early!
- Preliminary round will take place Tuesday, June 22nd 12:00 pm EST – Wednesday, June 23rd 12:00 pm EST
- This preliminary round will be open for 24 hours. Teams will login to the Body Interact platform within this 24 hour window and complete the preliminary case. Teams will have 20 minutes timed to complete the case, once they begin.
- Finalists will be announced on Thursday, June 24th at 12:00 pm EST. Please check CE Headquarters inside of the HOSA Virtual Conference Platform, Communique, to view results!
- The top 15 teams who score the highest on the preliminary round will be invited to the FINAL round
- The final round will take place Friday, June 25th: 2:30 – 3:30pm EST live over Zoom.
- Teams will complete the Final Round Case within a breakout room on Zoom
- After all teams are complete, a physician will debrief the case with all participating teams, offering his educational perspective and tips on the case
- The top 3 winners will be announced Saturday during the 3:15 pm Special Opportunities Awards Session
- 1st – 3rd place: Free Body Interact Educational Software License for the School! 20 virtual patients of the school’s choice; Unlimited access for 2 months; Personalized instructional training for personnel; support & help to integrate Body Interact into the school
- 4th – 10th place: Free Body Interact Educational Software License for the School! 10 virtual patients of the school’s choice; Unlimited access for 1 month; Personalized instructional training for personnel; Support and help to integrate Body Interact into the school
- BODY INTERACT Presentation HERE
- Practice on Body Interact Virtual Patients – set up a free account and “play around” so you know the platform prior to competition!
- If you have any questions about the platform, visit the Body Interact Help Center.
- Advisors – interested in using Body Interact in your classroom? Contact Raquel Bidarra: firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more here.