China HOSA, the first chartered association of HOSA-Future Health Professionals in Asia, conducted its first annual National Leadership Conference (NLC) on August 8-9, 2020 in Shanghai. Over 460 members, advisors, judges, family, and guests gathered at Chateau Star River Hotel to compete, learn, network, and celebrate China HOSA’s first National Leadership Conference. Delegates were able to take advantage of two exciting general sessions, 13 competitive events, nine educational symposiums, exhibits from companies, hospitals and nonprofit organizations, and dynamic social events!
Conference Theme: LEAD Your Future
Theme Interpretation: Lead yourself – Lead a team – Lead the community
- Opening Session, hosted by Country Advisor Jessie Jiang and China HOSA First National Leadership Conference featuring a congratulatory video from Jake Kelly, President of 2020-2021 HOSA Executive Council and recognition of China HOSA Founding Team Members and Outstanding student leaders.
- More than 400 students competed in 13 Competitive Events while online events are conducted at the same time for members that could not participate in-person
- Nine special guests from China healthcare industries were invited to deliver workshops, topics included AI X Healthcare, neuroscience research, surgeon pathways, elderly care, genetic engineering, medical entrepreneur, etc. as a part of the Education Symposium
- The China HOSA EXPO featured dynamic interactive display boards with the conference theme and exhibits from companies, hospitals, and nonprofit organizations
- The first China National Officer Team includes Jarvis Wang, President; Shirley Fu, Vice President of Chapter Relations; Adam Zhang, Vice President of Academics; Krystal Luo, Vice President of Service Projects; Catherine Tian, Vice President of Brand & MKT; Amber Lu, Vice President of Public Partnerships